Livorno port was built by Pope Clement XIII in 1761 to connect the northern part of the city with the port.
This monumental gate is proof of how in the years, several Popes dedicated themselves to improve the fortifications of the port of Civitavecchia, which was the most important of all the Tyrrhenian Sea.
Up to the year 1943 For the city of Civitavecchia, Livorno port was home to an important and consistent port activity and also acted as fortress of Defense for trade.
The bombing of the city have almost completely destroyed this building, but he has recently regained her beauty thanks to a complete restructuring.
To date this structure which is located within the ancient city walls, thanks to its majesty and the wonderful staircase fan, It gives the port with a memory to history.
Ideal for a small part of history of Civitavecchia through an arc that connects the city with the port